Europe by Milk Run: A Solo Travel Experiment from Copenhagen to Barcelona
With ample humor and humility, Europe by Milk Run uncovers Europe’s greatest treasures.
When an acquaintance of author Rory Moulton declares that traveling Europe “isn’t real travel,” Rory sets out to prove him wrong.
In this gripping and hilarious solo travel memoir, the author rides slow trains, explores off-beat neighborhoods and attractions, eats at restaurants so lost in time he’s amazed they know when to open and befriends unforgettable characters, some of whom actually like him. Rory embarks with little more than a backpack, Eurail Pass and a vague notion of which direction he should be traveling. Along the way, he:
- repels a cat invasion in Amsterdam,
- loses all his money and documents,
- witnesses a magical sunset in a ruined church,
- meets WWII-doubting Kiwis,
- investigates a haunted Spanish prison,
- explores Europe’s most beautiful, albeit abandoned, train station
- and much more…
Europe by Milk Run shows that traveling Europe at ground level reveals the Continent’s greatest treasures.