No first trip to Amsterdam is complete without visiting the Anne Frank House. Now almost 60 years after opening as a museum, the Anne Frank House remains one of Europe’s most-important and emotionally charged sites. However, buying Anne Frank House tickets requires a little know-how.
This house hid the Frank family from the Nazis for two years during World War II. The family silently sat in their home during the day, until they were mysteriously betrayed and shipped off to Nazi concentration camps. Fifteen-year-old Anne Frank recorded the story of their survival during that two-year period in her diary. Otto Frank later published Anne’s diary in 1947. He was the only Frank to survive the war.
Before arriving, you should reserve ahead for the Anne Frank House. Anne Frank House tickets are only sold online and are assigned to specific dates and times. Due to popular demand, you can only purchase up to 14 at a time. Reservations for the Anne Frank House are non-transferable, so just make sure to plan accordingly. Know exactly when you want to visit and commit.
How to buy Anne Frank House tickets online
Reservations for the Anne Frank House must be made online, preferably prior to your visit. This is the easiest way, and only way, to purchase your tickets. Click here to buy your Anne Frank House tickets.
The museum caps daily visits and releases 80% of a given day’s tickets online two months in advance. They dispense the other 20% at 9AM on the day of. Therefore, you have a much better chance of securing a desired date and time by booking online in advance.
If tickets are unavailable for a specific day, the website will show the message, “Unfortunately, no more tickets available” on the selected date. You can risk buying your Anne Frank House tickets on the day of your visit online. Just find some wifi and purchase from the website. However, keep in mind that tickets do sell out quickly. So your chances of tickets being available significantly decrease if you wait until the day of.
How to buy Anne Frank House tickets in Amsterdam
You can’t. Well, not at a ticket window anyway. Nowadays, Anne Frank House tickets are only available for purchase online. They become available online precisely at 9AM local time.
Pricing for Anne Frank House reservations
Accurate as of August, 2018
Adults 18 & over: €10
Kids 10-17: €5
Kids 0-9: free
Booking fee per ticket: €0.50
Additional entrance options:
**0.50 booking charge still applies.
Buying Anne Frank House tickets recap
- Anne Frank House tickets must be purchased online from the official website.
- The Anne Frank House website charges a €.50 booking fee per ticket.
- Anne Frank house tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Tickets are assigned a specific entry date and time.
- The museum caps daily visits and releases 80% of a given day’s tickets online two months in advance. The remaining 20% go up for sale the day of.
That’s it. Now grab a box of tissues and go experience the Anne Frank House for yourself.
LIKE FREE BOOKS? Get a free Paris ebook when you subscribe to my free, monthly email newsletter, EuroExperto. Subscribe here!
My free newsletter will help you skip crowds and experience Europe's rich culture like a savvy local. Sign up today and receive two free books: 10 Perfect Days in Paris and Paris for €10.
Authentic European travel is just a click away.